Monday, December 12, 2011

Greedo Never Fired

This one ended up being called "Seattleite StormTrooper" If you can't tell, I ripped the Morton Salt girl for the pose and colors. It's just too perfect not to steal.


I'm posting framed pics as well because that was part of the art, IMHO. I got a plaque popped onto the frame that says Rainstorm Trooper and picked out a simple black matte. It works perfectly.


This one was "Han SoLoL" and the frame says "Greedo Never Fired" on account of the OG Star Wars. I really hate all the changes that were made to the film. I know this is a hotly debated topic and I get the whole editing after the fact because he couldn't initially have his way at the time with technology the way it was, but nostalgia is really one of the only reasons I love that movie, and him changing it is like somebody trying to give me false memories as a child. I like all the mistakes and the puppetry and the weird shit and rubber masks in the OG starwars. In 10 years is he going to CG out all the bad masks in the cantina? Hope not.

At any rate, Greedo never fired. I had to art that.


The piece are available if there is any interest. Just contact the gallery:
Ltd Art Gallery
307 E Pike St.
Seattle, WA 98122
(206) 457-2970

Super reasonably priced if you ask me, and you did. And if they don't sell, they're going back in the vault for 100 years after which I will edit out all the things I don't like, just like George Lucas.

Just kidding, but seriously.

be seeing you,
&Rew.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I LOVE the rainstorm trooper. Fantastically hilarious.

Unknown said...

Thanks Adam. I appreciate it. That's what living in Seattle does to your subject matter, it puts it in a raincoat with an umbrella. ;)

&.

Anonymous said...

i got a tattoo of the storm trooper on my arm.