Thursday, September 15, 2011

Metroid's Samus figure

I finished the Samus sculpture! Woot woot. It took forever and got in the way of a whole barrel of life, but was worth it.

Here are some pics recently snapped up:










I'm calling it "The Hunter" and it's going in the Gallery 1988 video game inspired show.

More photos can be found on my Tumblr, here:
http://theforgottenkingdoms.com/

There's a very high likelihood that I'll be creating a mother brain once I'm done with a few paintings that are in progress, if I can afford her and I don't go nuts.

be seeing you,
&.

5 comments:

Samolo said...

Holy smokes! It looks even freaking better! It looks taken out of a videogame, man (It has an early DS game feel to me). The painting looks awesome! I think the only thing that could have made it cooler is a custom base, but I guess it was already a pain of work.

Unknown said...

That IS a custom base!

I made it (with the help of wade) out of a small piece of wood. The roudned edge is supposed to be reminscent of the Metroid doors. And I wanted to use wood to offset the material and make it look low poly, like it stepped out of an older era of 3D gaming. (^__^)

Thanks for the compliments Samolo.

&.

kleer001 said...

OMG, so much win!
She's gorgeous. I really think the flat polys work. It would have looked a little off if it was too smooth.
Also, where did you get it printed from? Don't tell me you have a rapid fabricator in your bathroom.

13 said...

This looks amazing.

Brian Thompson said...

This looks awesome, man. Great job as always.